View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:02 am 
Mini Burner

Hello all,

New to the forum. I'm 37 years old and I cant stop thinking about Raleigh Burners :?

I think it's some sort of mid life crisis and so does the wife!!

Brought up in Birmingham (Kingstanding) although now live in Maidstone, Kent. I had an Mk1 Extra Burner and my brother 2 years older had a Mk1 Night Burner. Man I loved that bike and was BMX mad. The obsession finished a few years later when i ruined it by spraying it orange and had swapped the wheels for black Z rims. It just wasn't the same bike and I'd moved to BIG school with real friends and homework! So gradually bits of the bike were dismantled and taken to the tip.

Thankfully for some reason my parents kept the frame and my Z rims. A few years ago my brother (who pealed all of his colour off his Night Burner to make it chrome) stripped back my frame and painted it white and red again.

So i've got a frame and my Z rims which appear buckled but I think just need re-spoking. And from those ashes I hope to rise again.

My wife says I will never rebuild my bike and she may be right. I think it's time to pass the baton to the next generation, namely my 2 sons 4 and 5. I'm getting them into BMX and plans are growing to build them 2 Mini Burners. A choice of Mini Team, Mini Super Tuff or Mini Tuff at the top of the list. Or I may fake it with Skyway TA pads and stickers over a chrome Mini Burner frame. It's only a bit of fun right?

So watch this space. I'm selling all my general junk and clutter on ebay to raise the funds. Wish me luck and any advice greatly received.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:27 pm 
Tuff Burner

welcome to the forum, this bug is catching. I am 40, just finished my first build, have a ultra now ready or resto, and the majority of a blue and yellom mkII mag burner which i havd BITD. I have noticed this isnt a cheap hobbie !!!! but enjoyable and when the bike is finish you will have alot of satifacation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:03 pm 
Mini Burner

know how you feel...yet i'm building 2 all for me, not me kids!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:59 pm 
Mini Burner

Thanks guys. What u building maxdude?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:04 pm 
Mini Burner

barker196 wrote:
Thanks guys. What u building maxdude?

Hi mate, got a mk 1 utltra, just finshing off rims, brakes, bars etc ready for re-anno....is a slow process at mo....got a mk2 super tuff in bits and full resto getting done on that too!! Loads a nos bits to go on that... Planned for both to be riders but will both end up as show ponys at this rate!! :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 am 
Mini Burner

barker196 wrote:
My wife says I will never rebuild my bike and she may be right.

That sounds like a challenge, haha ;) You can sooooo do it, and if you do the satisfaction of the achievement will be sweet! You're off to a good start with the frame being refinished already... :)

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 6 posts ]