Login 
View unanswered posts View active topics  

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC

New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Hi! new member
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:56 pm 

Hello everyone, and greetings from California, USA.
My name is Sean and I'm 49 years young.
I spent most of my teen years living in Dublin, Ireland just as the Burners hit the market for the first time. I have had a few of the different models: A red burner which I sold to a friend after a few months and then bought a blue burner, used for a few months and then sold to a friend, etc. GREAT way to build up a crew of riding buddies, let me tell you!
After the blue burner, I bought a silver/blue ultra which I really liked, even though I kept breaking the aluminum handlebars and wore down the pedals quickly. You guessed it...sold that to a friend!
When the mark 2's came around I got a black/gold ultra and really liked that one. All the while I'd pined for a pro burner, then an aero pro but it wasn't to be. A friend of a friend knew someone who heard of someone that was selling a Torker 280X a couple of towns over. I sold my ultra to get the Torker (but kept the gold arayas for the Torker) and that ended my burner run.

Having moved back to the states in 1985, and going through all kinds of BMX bikes such as GHP, GT, Robinson, Kuwahara and the like (It helped tremendously working as a shop mechanic and getting the employee discount) I'd never forgotten the feeling of bringing home that brand new red burner. Heavy as a tank at 32 pounds but great looking!
A few years ago, 2009 I think - back when shipping was reasonable, I picked up a red burner on ebay that was in need of serious love and attention. I just recently acquired an Aero Pro frame and fork and I'm in the process of gathering bits to restore that as well.

I'm looking forward to participating in this forum.

-Sean

Search for:
New Topic Post Reply  [ 1 post ]